Contractor waiting to receive Contract Agreement
I-MAX Enterprises representative confirming business registration document when requested by the Procurement Officer
Completion of the concreting of the foundation trenches at the Wellington Site
Contractor has completed foundation work, awaiting approval to concrete ground slab at the Goderich Site
Brief History of the Project
The Project - “Reinforcement and Extension of the Medium and Low Voltage Distribution Network in the Freetown Area” is geared towards providing improved quality of electricity supply in a coordinated manner and relief against shortage of power distribution in the Freetown Area.
• Selection of Auditing Consultants for the Project.
• Construction of two Customer Service Centres at Goderich and Wellington
• Selection of Contractor for the “Procurement, Installation and commissioning of the Reinforcement and Extension of the Medium and Low Voltage Distribution Network and the Supply of Prepayment Meters and Vending Stations in the Western Area”
Brief Details of Funding Partners
Status of the Projects Activities
The Project cost of ten (10) million USD is being funded by a loan secured from the Islamic Development Bank
The current status of activities of the Project is:
• The selection of an ICT Consulting Firm:- this aspect of the Project has been successfully completed and that eGEN of Bangladesh has been awarded the contract for the execution of this service to enhance the capacity of NPA personnel in the area of Information Technology.
• Construction of two Customer Service Centres at Goderich and Wellington:- the Contractor has almost completed the foundation works of the two buildings.
• Evaluation of the “Transmission and Distribution” Aspect of the Project:- the Technical Evaluation report for the “Procurement, Installation and commissioning of the Reinforcement and Extension of the Medium and Low Voltage Distribution Network and the Supply of Prepayment Meters and Vending Stations in the Western Area” has been sent to the Bank for their comment and approval.
• Selection of Auditing Consultants for the Project:- the Technical Evaluation report has been endorsed by the Bank. The Financial proposals of the two successful Firms will be opened officially to complete the final stage of the selection process.
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for the IDB Project is composed of the following Staff:
1. Project Coordinator
2. Assistant Project Coordinator
3. Distribution Engineer
4. Civil Engineer
5. Procurement Officer
6. Accountant and Secretary.
Deputy Secretary handing over document to Deputy Minister
Minister of Energy handing over Contract Document to Contractor symbolising official handing over of Site
The Assistant Project Coordinator, Project Coordinator, NPPA representative and the Ag. Permanent Secretary observing the bidding process.
The Islamic Development Bank Project
Design by MoE ICT
© Copyright 2017 Ministry of Energy. All rights reserved.
Ministry of Energy
3 & 3A Pademba Road
TEL: +232 76 362654 / +232 76 369538